Monday, July 10, 2017

My Cards and Tags: "No One is You" Card Using My Favorite Things' Stitched Fishtail Frames Dies

"Distress It" is this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme.  I used some paint to give this card a weathered vibe. 

I started with Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  I cut out some fishtail frame shapes and a square for my card background.


Next I stamped Tim Holtz alphabet letters on top of the background paper and painted over them with Dina Wakley acrylic paint.  On the fishtail frames, I painted through Tim Holtz's Bubble stencil.


I added some patterned paper and scraps into the mix and was ready to assemble!


I added a Seth Apter Splatter Proof die and this stamped sentiment, which I adore: "No one is you.  And that's your power."  I finished it off with some clear droplets.


Here are the supplies I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:

I'm excited to see all the many ways you decide to distress it this week!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!



21 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Andrea :-) the colours and whole design of this is awesome and I love the sentiment! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright, happy card and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors. Your cards are always so full of cheer and your colors are always vibrant and beautiful. Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Andrea - Greetings from Michigan - I had to slip over here to see what you are up to... whoot, whoot a lovely mixed media creation - love that added acrylic - your work is so lovely Andrea - someday I will paint just like you when I grow up - TFS your beautiful work and stopping by my blog leaving uplifting comments - have a blessed day - PS you are welcome to attend our reunion this Sunday - eating begins at 1PM EST - fly on over!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes. Your unique style is absolutely your power. Your projects are recognizables and I wouldn't fail guessing, for sure. I love your crazy colors and layers and patterns. Lovely and happy design! Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply love all the patterns and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love, love, love everything about this piece Andrea! Love your choice of bright colors, layers and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great for the world to see on a Monday morning😊... thanks, we needed that! Love the bright colors-- really gives a positive kick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wait: also wanted to say the droplets are such a cool accent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh lovely layers....awesome colors and dies! LOVE that sentiment too! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your happy palette and the sentiment is PERFECT! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bright and happy layers, Andrea! I love how you layered the die cuts and that splatter is awesome! Cool droplets and what an empowering quote! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so fun, Andrea! Love the beautiful layers and the cheerful colors. The fishtale frames with the splatter proof die cuts are fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the beautiful layered embellishments, Andrea. The colors you create are always so delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such happy, happy colours and a truly wonderful project...this is fabulous Andrea and on a damp and rainy Saturday afternoon here in London, it's bought a smile to my face and some sunshine to my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all those wonderful happy layers Andrea! And the sentiment stamp is fantastic (I am ordering it in my next order).

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card Andrea...love all those gorgeous colourful layers...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful project Andrea! I always love your layering and your use of color! You make everything look so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazingly colourful and rich card you've made Andrea, its awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment. It really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love to see when you use Seth's dies, so original and different from usual! Colors are always stunning, great work! Barbara

    ReplyDelete