Saturday, February 25, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Blue-Haired Beauty

I seem to be obsessed with blue hair lately.  At the end of the day, I suppose there are worse things to be obsessed with.


This girl's head is from a stamp called Pigtails.  I made her a dress and a crown and created a painty-themed background for her. The lovely loopy "Create" sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.  The cool pattern on the purple pieces in back is from a Spellbinders embossing folder (designed by the talented Seth Apter) called Maze.  All the other stamps (circles and splats and "dot, dot, dot" words) are from the stamp set I designed called Artistic Essentials.  I made her dress out of some Recollections paper called "Mixed Media," which I painted over and added a bit of color to.

I started out by making a watercolor background that looked like a paint box.  


Next I glued on some paint-themed text from an old home improvement book. 


From there it was just a matter of fussy-cutting the stamped images, and layering, and combining them all onto the background.



Thanks for swinging by and happy crafting to all of us this weekend!