Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Other Creations: Lucky Lady Collage

'Tis the season of shamrocks and the wearin' o' the green!  And in fact, the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme this week is, "just a hint of clover."  I can't think of clovers without thinking of luck and I can't think of luck without acknowledging how fortunate I am to have so many blessings in my life.  And so I made a Lucky Lady collage, picturing in my mind a woman who knows that has has found a great many treasures to be thankful for each day.


I started my background by overlapping three pieces of my favorite Prima paper.


Bring on the Gesso!


I stamped on various circles using Ranger Jet Black Archival ink and stamp sets with nifty wonky circles.


Next I painted inside the circles using Dina Wakley's acrylic paints.  I smudged Distress Ink all around the circles in corresponding colors.



I stamped a Dina Wakley girl head, then hand-drew her dress and crown.  I cut them out, assembled the girl, then added her to my collage.  I also put some Prima black wire thread around her crown and on the bottom of her dress and smudged more Distress Ink here and there.  I cut indentations out of her dress so some of the circles were behind her while others were in front.  I heat embossed some birds on the bottom of her skirt then stamped the sentiments and other little touches, cut them out and adhered them to the scene.


I thoroughly enjoyed this project and hope your March brings luck and happiness and minimal pinchings for not wearing green!

Here are the supplies I used for my project, which you can get from Simon Says Stamp:




I can't wait to see what creations you come up with for this week's challenge.  Be sure to upload your work to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you'll be automatically entered to win a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.  May luck be with you as you enter!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/