Saturday, March 28, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Small Things with Great Love

I'm feelin' the bright happy polka dot love today as the weather is Springy and some crocuses have poked their little heads through the dirt adding some much needed color to the landscape.  I'll be heading out for a neighborhood stroll as soon as I finish this post.

I made this card with a handful of fantastic stamps from 100 Proof Press:


I started by stamping a circle over and over with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink, then smeared various shades of Distress Ink inside each circle using a sponge. I painted the background in between the circles with some watercolors and let them do their drip-i-di-do action.  I stamped this girl image, called Lucy in the Sky, onto white paper and colored her with Distress Inks.  I added some text to her dress with a great stamp called Week Ending, then fussy-cut her out.  I made wings for her using the fins of the Life-Size Bluegill stamp.


I outlined one of the stamped circles with Prima Wire Thread in a shade called Cyan.  I glued it on with Aleene's Tacky glue.  I added a fabulous Mother Teresa quote from a stamp called, "Do Small Things With Great Love" and finished the whole thing off with a black Sharpie'd border.

Hope the colors are bright and the weather is perfect wherever you are this Saturday!